• Please arrive 30 min early to complete registration and waiver forms. There will 30 min games with no half time.
• Teams may NOT pick up players from another team competing in the same division – they will forfeit that game. However, they may pick up players from other eligible divisions, without exceeding the roster limit. Max roster is 14.
• Rosters are frozen by playoffs, or when 3/5ths of the games are completed. Over 30’s Divisions may have 2 players that are 27-30 years of age and Over 40’s may have 2 players that are 37-40. Good looking players get a pass on the age thing.
• Soccer Resort (SR) must sometimes arbitrate in unforeseen circumstances and scenarios. SR will strive to find a fair solution, except when a dispute involves the opportunity of bribery, aka Giants Tickets.
• 6 players plus a goalkeeper are allowed on the field during the game in the 7v7. The Coed will have 4 men and 3 women on the field. You can have more women, but not more men. Teams that speak Oxford English get extra credit.
• No slide-tackling. Result is a direct free kick or penalty. Persistent Slide Tackling leads to a yellow card. There is no offside, cleats shoes and shin-guards are MANDATORY. Yelling “Hakuna Matada!” after scoring is also mandtory.
• All Free Kicks are direct kicks, except if given in penalty area. The ball may pass the half way line but a keeper cannot score from a kick out unless the ball touches someone before entering the opposition goal. Unlimited subs on the fly - Both players must depart the field close to the halfway line - no trickery on substitutions.
• 3 points are awarded for a win, one for a tie and none for a loss. Positions are decided by points, head to head, goal difference, goals scored - in that order. If all is level, a coin toss will decide positions.
• During the semis or final, if scores are tied at the end of regulation, a five minute “golden goal” period shall be played. If scores remain tied, a three-penalty shootout, followed by sudden death penalties will decide the winner.
• As part of our sportsmanship focus, a 6 goal “mercy rule” is in effect. Play resumes, but a team can only better their opponent by 6 goals. This prevents a tournament from being skewed by one rogue result, and/or a dodgy keeper.
• Two yellow cards in the same game – player is ejected for remainder of that game and their team must play down a man. A red card also results in that’s player being suspended from the team’s next game, but the team does not have to play down in their next game.
• Anyone who engages in serious violent conduct will receive a white card, resulting in probable ejection from the tourney grounds (you raise your hands, you hit, you are OUT). Teams may also be penalized points, or expelled from the tournament for group foul play. If a team plays a player who has been suspended due to a red card, the team may be deducted the points of that game and be ejected from the tournament. Under no circumstances will spectating players from either team enter the field while the game is underway. That includes in-laws, and streakers.
• No alcohol will be brought onto the fields or spectators area. Swearing is prohibited unless it’s directed at the heavens.
• Teams must be dressed and ready to play at their allotted time. Teams not present for kick-off will forfeit and a score of 0-2 will be recorded against them. Teams that are deemed to deliberately forfeit for advantage will be deducted six points.
• In the event of playoffs, should a team decide to drop out of the tournament after the final group game, we reserve the right to promote the team in the next place to the playoff position of the team that withdrew.
• ENJOY the tournament and keep some perspective!